Daily Announcements for Wednesday October 17, 2018
- Social Studies you have duty this week please be in your assigned areas.
- Seniors-There will be no Powder Puff practice this evening. There will be practice tomorrow @ 5:30.
- If you are interested in playing baseball in the spring. Please stop by C-101.
- Seniors wanting to sign up for the December ACT, fee waivers are now available from your counselors. The deadline to sign up is November 2. Also those students who are taking the October 27, ACT, you must upload your photo by this Friday, October 19.
- Congratulations to seniors Tristan Lee and Sage Martinez who were selected as student of the quarter for their CCTE/UNM Branch classes. Thanks to Sage and Tristan for being great representatives of Gallup High School.
- We will be administering the ASVAB exam to all juniors (11th) on Tuesday October 23, 2018 in the commons. Students you will report to 1st hour so you can take roll (app. 5 minutes). We then will do an all-call to have all juniors released to the commons.
- Students, the Gallup High Key Club is hosting a book drive to help children in Africa build a library. They would like everyone to participate with them by donating children’s books, please take the books to your English classroom. The English class that has the most books donated will receive a free dress down day. All the children’s books that are collected will be donated to help children in Africa build their library and improve their education. See Ms. Streissguth in B104 if you have any questions.
- The Powderpuff game has been changed to October 29. If you have not turned in your permission, slip there is still time to do so.
- The library will be giving away a jar of Halloween candy on October 31. All you have to do is check out a book in October and then make a guess as to how much candy is in the jar! Come and check out a book and make a guess! The more books you read the more chances you have to win!
- Do you want to travel and see other countries? Come with us to Europe in the summer of 2019! We are traveling to England, France and Spain. See Mrs. Seslar or Mr. Gearhart for more information!
- Students needing a locker please see Ms. Yazzie in the counseling office. She will be available only in the mornings before school starts to give out lockers.
- Pre-season wrestling practice will be Mon-Thur. at 4:15 pm on school days. If you have, any questions see Coach Malcom during lunch in the student store.
New Bengal gear is here! T-shirts, hoodies & jackets (all dress code approved) stop by Mrs. Wargo’s office in counseling to check them out.
- Anyone interested in joining the GHS swim team, daily practices are at the Gallup Aquatic Center from 4:15 to 6:00 p.m. Please see Ms. Yardley in Counseling for more information.
- MESA meets in C-206 on Mondays and Wednesdays after school until 5 pm. Please see Ms. Merrill or Mrs. Seslar for more information.
- LGBT club meets in B104 Wednesday after school and Friday morning at 8 AM before school.
- Key Club meets in B104 Thursday after school - we are always recruiting members interested in making friends and serving the community.
- Newspaper club meets every Thursday at 4:00 in C-109. Reach out to Ms. B with any questions.